Thursday, January 22, 2015

DAY 1



"a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step..."
I’m really excited (and nervous) about my trip to Poland. Over the next 24 hours, I will be doing a lot of traveling.
  • My first stop is in Toronto. In which Canadian province is Toronto located?
  • I will then take a 7.5 hour flight to Frankfurt. In which country is Frankfurt located?
  •  My final destination is the capital of Poland. Which city is the capital of Poland?
  •  How many miles did I travel from Philadelphia to that city?
During part of my travels I will need to exchange money.
  • What is the currency of Poland?
  • What is the current exchange rate between that currency and the U.S. dollar? (Check on xe.com).
  • I want to exchange $50 U.S. dollars. How much money will I receive back in the Polish currency?
I am a little nervous about traveling because I do not speak the native language of Poland.
  • How do I say “hello” in Polish?
I’ll probably be very tired when I arrive in Poland. The reason for that is time difference.
  • If it is 9:00am in New Jersey, what time is it in Poland?
This is truly an honor to be able to go on this trip.  Read the article found at this link:



No comments:

Post a Comment